It is easy to pick up an Android phone but difficult to choose good apps for it. It’s even harder when you have to choose a few among the thousands. There are so many questions in your mind. You go through the Android market and get confused. You get into the dilemma of free and paid apps.
But now no dilemma anymore, as we have chosen ten best Android Apps to make your task easier. Following is the list of top ten best Android apps (free and paid) available.
10. Google Shopper
Google Shopper is for Android offers a variety of different ways to search for products. Beside the basic search functionality, you can search by voice, take a picture of cover art, or scan a bar code to get detailed product information and price comparison.
- Scan the covers of books and media
- Search by voice
- Shop at your favorite web site or find the best price online
- Saves your history and lets you star your favorites for later
- Displays prices, reviews, specs, and more. Shopper is powered by Google Product Search
- Helps you find nearby stores, then call them, get directions, and more
- Provides "Share" link to post to Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Instant Messaging, etc.
Astrid is a to-do list tool that allows you to manage your tasks. It comes with tagging, timers, reminders, smart task sorting, hiding tasks & partial progress – all in all, everything you need to get stuff done. It’s simple but effective features makes this app highly useful.
- Very effective
- You can add, edit, tag and set reminders
- Makes your life easy
- Users friendly interface with easy to navigate and optimized to thumb/finger operation
Price: Free, € 3.39
Android has arguably been the best Twitter app so far. It offers basic services as well as website and image previews, photo and video posting, re-tweeting, background notifications and geotagging support. The Professional version adds multi-account support, desktop widgets and bit.ly integration.
- Supports almost all Twitter functions
- One can search Tweets and can set background notifications too
- Easy interface
- Every function is optimized for thumb/finger navigation except the Direct and @Replies on the main Tweet screen
7. Facebook for Android
Size: 2.0 MB
Facebook for Android is an Android app that enables you to stay connected and share information with friends on Facebok. You can share status updates from your wall, check out your News Feed, review your upcoming Events, look at your friends’ walls and user info, upload photos, share links, check your Inbox, and view posted videos.
- Connect to your Facebook account without a computer
- No permission issues
- It is fast
6. Advanced Task Killer
Size: 362.3 KB
Price: Free, $4.99
Task Killer is a very useful app and popular too. Because Android apps have no "close" button, they might keep running when you return to the home page or move on to another app. You calendar, notepad, and programs in which you turn on event notifications might periodically run in the background, eating your battery. Advanced Task Killer is an app to kill the applications running. The free version serves up ads and lacks a few advanced features, but efficient enough to serve your needs, clear up space and make your phone faster.
- Useful, handy
- Keeps your phone’s memory free
- Simple and intuitive
- Makes your phone faster
5. Astro File Manager
Size: 3.34 MB
As the name suggests Astro File Manager is a file manager for Android Operating System. It allows you to manage files on your phone without needing a computer. You can perform all the basic operations such as, copy, paste, move, delete, open with other apps, create and folders, etc. Perhaps the most striking feature of Astro File Manager is the ability to let you select multiple files to perform actions. Another great thing is the ability to search a file. The app also provides details on other Android apps including, package name, version, file size, and even app activities.
- Very handy
- Frequently used
- Great interface to let you view files as Details, Icons, Thumbnail List and Thumbnail Icon
- Ability to search for files
4. Slide Screen
Price: Free, $6.99
SlideScreen app is a home screen that creates a meaningful hierarchy out of your information. It shows summary information for SMS, GMail, phone calls, Calendar, Google Reader, Stocks, Twitter and Facebook. In the middle of the app, there is a slider (itself displaying date, time, weather, battery, and signal strength) that can be moved up and down to reveal and highlight each of the other sections in full. Pressing the menu button takes you to a traditional list of apps, with space for eight favorites at the top.
- Home screen replacement app that loads your information right on the home screen in an innovative fashion
- You can check latest emails (Gmail), Tweets, time, date, weather, stocks, and phone calls all from one screen
- It has slick user interface
- You get everything at one place
Size: 3.34 MB
Any Cut allows you to create shortcuts to any function your phone offers. Popular shortcuts like directly calling a phone number or sending an SMS are supported. To use, you need load up the app and select what you want it to make a shortcut for. After that, Any Cut instantly places the shortcut directly on your home screen.
- Provides you with for options: Direct Call, Direct Text Message, Activity and Make your Own
- Direct call and direct text message allow you to select from your contacts and create an instant call or text shortcut
- Activity option allows you to select from anything your phone can do. This includes launching any application and some of the features that applications offer as well
- Make Your Own is also like Activity tab and can be used to make a shortcut for anything that your phone has, but it requires some coding knowledge
Size: 3.47 MB
PdaNet has been one of the most popular Android apps so far. This app works as a connector between your phone and Windows computer/laptop, either via Bluetooth or USB. The best thing about this app is that you can use your computer from anywhere and turn your phone into internet connection. It allows you to access your email and instant messaging services without changing the settings.
- Easy to use, useful and time saving
- Saves your money that you would otherwise have spent to buy a separate internet connection device
- Gives you internet access with a decent upload/download speed
Price: Free, $19.90/year
WaveSecure is a security app that protects your phone, data and privacy in case it’s lost. This app is a must-have for all Android phone users because of its usefulness. It covers all security needs single handedly.
- Remotely lock down your device, wipe out important data stored on your mobile to protect your privacy
- Back up your data from your phone or remotely on the web
- Access your data online from anywhere
- Restore your data to a new phone
- Locates your lost phone and plot the locations on a map